Friday, September 28, 2007

THE MARK


There was a time I was scared of the dark

Night was endless cold and stark

Afraid to close my eyes

Hearing only frightful cries

The shadow crawled through the walls

My breathing became whimpers through the haunting calls

Glaring, taunting and baiting me to make a move

Fear left me with nothing to prove

Something moved closer to my bed

A flash of things left unsaid

I felt a finger move across my face

My heart was running a race

Suddenly a cold whisper in the ear

What came next I was surely to fear

Courage lay dormant in my heart

The touch made my soul depart

The hand turned my head and my vulnerability was shown

What this night held was surely to be known

The pain was sharp and deep

My soul was not to keep

A choice was offered to me

I was able to be free

But I would not die nor would I live

My answer I was to give

I had nothing to bargain nothing to trade

A choice was given a choice was made

I could no longer fear the dark

For I bear no soul and wear the mark

No comments: